Tuesday, January 25, 2011

The best Christmas Present Ever...


I'm engaged!! Nate proposed Christmas day, it was the most wonderful day. On Christmas eve he gave me my Christmas present and told me I couldn't open it with him and I had to open it last of all my presents. I was very curious why I had so many stipulations for my present but I was excited to see what it could be. I woke up Christmas morning and tried not to hurry through my Christmas too much but I couldn't help it. I got to his present and opened it. Inside was a journal, 2 pieces to a puzzle, and 2 cute scarves. I read the first page of the journal which explained what I was about to begin. He informed me I was about to begin a scavenger hunt he had created for all over alpine. I was to go to all of these places that we had been together and made memories at. The clues were all written on the back of the puzzle pieces and they were all written to "Let it Snow" it was adorable. I went to all the stops and had new clues at each place. The journal had his memories of that place with me and I was to do the same on the next page. After about 7 clues I made it to what I thought was going to be the last one. Fire Road. This is where he first kissed me and where we have gone ever since to talk or just be together. It's a secluded road at the top of alpine where you can look out and see the whole valley and the stars are awesome at night. Anyway I get there and there is a bigger present at this stop than the last few stops. I opened it up and inside was a pair of earrings the rest of the puzzle pieces and and a note that said this is the end! Merry Christmas come over!
I was a little disappointed.. haha It was all darling but I was expecting something more like a ring at the end :). So I started driving to his house non the less excited to see him. I got to his neighbors house and got pulled over.... I wanted to cry, I was in a rental car, I didn't have my license, and it was Christmas Day! I rolled down my window and stuck my head all the way out to look at who exactly would be mean enough to do this on Christmas... only to find out it was Nate's Dad. I just started laughing. He walked to my car and said "I won't need your registration, but here are your last 2 pieces of the puzzle."
The last 2 pieces told me to go back to Fire Road. I was so excited at this point. As I turned the corner I saw Nate standing in the middle of the road in a suit and tie, ring box in hand. I got out of my car, already in tears and gave him a big hug. he knelt down and asked me to marry him :). After that I looked over and he had his tent trailer all set up. It was decked out inside (thanks to his sisters and mom) It looked amazing, I had roses, sparkling cider, Christmas decorations, blankets, a heater, even a generator to power the cute lights. We sat down and finished putting my puzzle together he read me a note he had written while he waited for me and watched a slide show of us. We made a toast with the sparkling cider and just enjoyed the moment together. It was perfect. Later that day both of our families came up to see everything and we took lots of pictures. It was the best Christmas ever and I love him so much! I can't wait to spend the rest of forever with him :)

1 comment:

  1. You are too cute! Couldn't be more excited for you and Nate. Who knew there was someone as amazing as you out there for Nate.

    ReplyDelete